It’s that time of year – rabbit time! There are graphics of rabbits every which way you look and it’s easy to understand why. These little critters are the ultimate symbols of fertility and spring, which is why they are the perfect animal to represent the litany of holidays that happen this season.
As the proud owner of a rescued and hyper intelligent bun – I can also say that’s it’s the perfect time of year to also highlight rabbit adoptions. So many people go out to pets stores and purchase baby bunnies for Easter, only to find within a few weeks that these highly functioning pets are no easy charge. They require a minimum of four hours of socialization a day, lots of socialization, a special diet and a veterinarian with specific training for small mammals. It’s no easy task to be the guardian of a bunny!
That’s why in drafting my favorite finds – I chose to highlight rabbits. They make incredible pets – and are sure to give you a daily dose of cute overload – if you know what you’re getting yourself into. So here’s my public service announcement of the day: If you, or someone you know, is considering getting a rabbit for Easter, do your research first on what it will take by visiting the House Rabbit Society website. Read all about our bunny adventures on the Peanut Loves Butter blog.
And in the meantime, enjoy these adorable rabbit themed finds from some of our favorite vendors on Etsy!
- Night light rabbit from Mouton Cerise
- White bunny plush by Mos Mea
- Bunny rabbit print from Corella Design
- Bunny nail transfers from Hello Harriett
- Merrabbit t-shirt from NYhop
- Vintage bunny soft toy from Lovintage Finds
- Geometric rabbit brooch from Sketch Ink
- Rabbit scarf print from Corella Design
- Bunny rabbit pillow from Handy Happy Teddy
- Art print from Matou en Peluch