If you’ve been looking for an easy 10 minute scarf tutorial – your search ends here!
Boggled by the over-the-top prices of currently trendy infinity scarves, I decided to give a DIY version a go. And won’t you know – the end result is cute, stylish, eco-friendly and el cheapo! So if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make your own cotton wrap around scarf, grab a t-shirt and scissors and give this a try!
1) Choose a pre-loved t-shirt that’s nice and soft.
2) Cut off the bottom hem of the t-shirt.
3) Make another horizontal cut, about 4 inches above the first. Try to keep the cut clean and straight.
4) Make a third cut, same size, just above the last.
5) Grab each thick fabric strip and pull taught, rolling the edges. This is your no-sew hem.
6) Double loop the top strip.
7) Lay the double loop over the larger loop.
8) Using a small piece of your cut hem, tie a single knot on one side of the gathered loops.
9) Tie a second knot.
10) Pull the knot as taught as possible.
11) Trim the excess fabric.
12) Tuck the knot under and flip. All done!