It’s been an incredible week! I’ve got lots of positive things happening at my day job at the humane society, a potential trip to Eastern Europe in the works, a vocal audition next Friday and a family filled weekend just ahead. Pierogi Picnic has also been bustling with custom orders waiting to be made, shipments to be mailed and new designs to be created. As you can imagine – I’m beaming with joy with all the great things that are going on.
But then there’s another piece of news that has me bursting at the seams. I wanted to blurt it out when I found out yesterday – but thought a blog post would be more appropriate. So without further ado, here it is:
I won’t lie – I was incredibly nervous when sending in my application. Being a fourth year applicant meant I’d have to show the RCF team that my products have evolved and that it’s worth bringing me back for another go. With lots of deliberation, prayer and good old hope – I sent in my app and kept things close to my chest.
But now that the verdict is out I can allow my ideas to go wild and am already dreaming up the look of my booth. Renegade sets the tone for all the fairs I do in the fall – so what I decide now is what will carry me through until the end of the year. Some of the things I’m looking forward to working on are:
- A new sign: Two to be exact. Handmade by me in my new font and color scheme. It will be bright and eye-catching.
- Handmade clothing displays: I’m tired of the traditional racks and will be creating my very own. Keep your fingers crossed for me on this one. It will be my biggest endeavor beyond making the items themselves.
- New designs: I have a hand-stenciled collection that will be debuting at the fair. Girly shapes mixed with geometric and folk influences. Tease tease tease.
- Creation station: A nook of my booth where people can get in on the green-it-yourself fun. I’m all about sharing techniques and empowering people to give crafting a try.
- Boutique feel: Caitlin and I really rocked the booth out with adorable handmade decor last year – and I want to take the look to the next level. Speaking of which – I’m doing a full-size on my own this time around. I will miss having Caitlin’s gorgeous jewelry alongside my pieces.
- Dressing Corner: I’m not 100% sold on this one yet – but I think it would be convenient to have a more privatized space for people to try on the clothes. Have to think this one through in depth.
To keep me focused, and accountable, my timeline for preparations is the following:
- Now – June 30th: Finalize aesthetic of booth, rack engineering and clothing designs to be made and sold.
- July 1st – 15th: Work on racks, signage and booth layout.
- July 15th – August 10th: Sew like a madwoman!
- August 11th – 20th: Vacation to the motherland
- August 21st – September 1st: Tagging and final touches
In the midst of Renegade prep I also have to make time for developing a Winter 2012 fashion line and getting ready for the holiday rush. So it looks like this busy little lady is about to get busier than ever. But that’s how I like things after all!